Thursday, August 21, 2008

Remembering Todd Thompson

Matt's older brother, Todd, past away August 9th. Todd was a smart, fun, talented man who always had a smile on his face. He could play the guitar well and made up beautiful songs (as well as some silly ones). He had a great sense of humor and a gift of making those around him laugh. He was always the story and joke teller and there was never a dull moment in the house when Todd was around. I am grateful for him and for the big brother he was to Matt.


Matt, Todd and Jeff- 2000

Todd had a hard life because of choices he made as a youth. Despite his struggles, I know that he had a testimony and a love of the Lord and that he is now free of his earthly struggles. We know that we will see Todd again and we find great comfort in that.

Matt is currently in Redding to attend Todd's memorial service which will occur tomorrow am.

Baby Matt, Lori and Todd
Todd, Kari and Lori at Christmas time- 2002
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Another beautiful tribute. Isn't this gospel the best!!! Knowing that we can and will be able to see our loved ones again. That gives such comfort and peace in such a time of dispair for others. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time!

Ricky Thiot said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Todd. I met him when I was in the singles ward in Redding before we went off to BYU-I. When I was home last, I went to my parents new ward and it turned out that Todd was in their ward. He actually got up and bore his testimony of the gospel and how grateful he was that the Lord forgives us of our weaknesses. I wish that I could remember more of what he said, but it was a beautiful testimony and I could feel the spirit. I just felt impressed that I should share that with you.

Vanessa said...

I am sorry for your loss! Your family will be in our thoughts and prayer.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Matt's brother. Please share with him our deepest sympathy and know he will be in our prayers. It is so hard to lose a family member. I hope his family is doing OK.