Friday, February 12, 2010

Rain: Novelty No longer...

These pictures were taken several weeks ago when it first started to rain down here in Lake Elsinore. It does not rain often down here at all. I believe it is considered high desert even. (Whatever that means) However, this year we have experienced a lot of rain for the area. At first we thought it was a little neat... even fun.

Especially Tera who would go out and just stand in the rain. However, I quickly learned that I am not the "want-to live in Seattle" type. The greenery and beauty would not be worth it for me. I like to run errands without worrying about getting drenched and the kids whining about begin wet and am spoiled by our almost-daily sunshiny walks. The dampness outside quickly dampens my spirit. Makes me sad that I am that affected by outside conditions. Makes me feel weak. Weak is my least favorite feeling- or thing to be called... more on that later.



It makes things grow and be green..
The smell of clean, wet pavement
The occasional walk or jog in the rain.
Infact- when I was in highscool anytime it rained I had a strong desire to go run in the rain. But I can't run easily through the rain with three kids in tow.. how things change!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy Eaton said...

I am right there with you...I have realized since coming back to idaho that i do not like the longggggggg winters even more than before...it makes me way to sad and I didn't even realize it was so bad until we came back. I just dealt with it before. I am a California girl and I NEED my sun!!! We are hoping to come to Ca for Spring break the end of March. We will have to get together.

The Cook Fam said...

How I wish that you could be the "want to live in Seattle" type. Then I would have you here to share this rain with. It would make it better for me, I just know it. Let me know if you change your mind. Even if you just want to come back for the 105 degree summer days with no A/C. You are welcome anytime!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I totally understand the desire to run in the rain. I still get it when it rains but yes, not so easy when you have a kiddo that probably does not want to be getting wet and most likely sick. I did get to run a little in this rain recently, it was nice.
As for all of your other words. I TOTALLY AGREE!