Friday, February 19, 2010

100 day...

The story of 100 day (Ashton's version)
"100 day was so sad because a little girl dropped all my treats on the ground so I didn't get anything to eat. Mrs. Welch made the girl say sorry and she didn't get any golden stars. She said the girl had to share her treats with me but I didn't want them because she touched them and she has germs. Mrs. Welch felt so bad for me that she asked what my favorite candy was and I told her resses so she said she might buy me one the next day.

I felt so bad for him that I told him we could have our own 100 day at home. He said they had juice boxes, marsh mellows, pizza and treats. So I made sure we had all the ingredients and that night as a family we counted to 100, filled out a 100 chart, even exchanged presents and ate our yummies...



Tera asked to decorate the cake with a ballerina so Matt assisted her. I think it turned out adorably!

*** Now here is the good part....
The next day I asked for Mrs. Welch's version of the story and told her how upset Ashton was about it. She looked at me totally bewildered and said.

"Nothing happened. He ate his food nothing fell. Has he been telling you stories??"
Ummmm... yes he has! Ashton started snickering. Great I can't even tell when my six year old is lying to me. How am I going to tell when he's "making up stories" as a teenager?? Oh no! Come to think of it... I didn't even discipline the kid. Now he probably thinks lying is fine. I am really messing up my kids!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hannah&Kellin said...

Oh man Kyra that was the best story ever....I love that kid, you better watch out! Love you and tell Ashton he is not allowed to hang out with Aiden alone or give him any ideas!

melissa gargalis said...

dude, Kyra he knows how to work you. Watch out lady...

The Cook Fam said...

That is hilarious. He certainly is good at coming up with stories. I'd look out if I were you. :)

Unknown said...

Ashton doesn't lie!