Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A day in the life of a slightly OCD mother...

What did you do today? Oh that question.... if I could really answer that question when people asked I would bore them to death with my response.... but just for the heck of it, and to have it documented, this is what I did today---

Rushed around with Matt getting kids fed, clothed, and lunch packed for school
dropped Ash and buddies off at school
Tera went off to preschool in a carpool
exercise
Deep cleaned kitchen-
emptied all 21 cabinets and 14 kitchen drawers and reorganized
Cleaned out fridge and pantry
Picked up Tera and buddies from preschool
mopped floors
vacuumed floors
Washed and re-hub curtains
laughed at kids...
cleaned two bathrooms
Ashton's friend came over to play
Made kids 2nd lunch and snacks
Did four loads of laundry- folded and put away
Fixed Teras princess castle
Got mail
snuggled Mazz
pet the cat
fed the cat
changed the litter box
changed bedding
washed all floor rugs
Did homework with Ash
Wrote grocery list
Watered plants
cleand baseboards
dusted
oragnzied movies- three times (probably)
Met Matt for a quick dinner at Taco Del Mar before he headed to mutual
Back home for books, brushing teeth and bedtime
more snuggles...
Cleaned up a bit-
Blogged about what I did....
planned out the next day...

Tomorrow:
teach aerobics class
write menu- add to gorcery list
pay bills, budget, paper work- yuk
clean last bathroom
grocery shop- winco, costco
walmart
tae kwon doe
tera speech
wash cars
organize garage- just a bit.
mow lawns
pull weeds
scrapbook
don't let anyone mess up the house.

PS. These days are a bit extreme- but you get the idea right??

9 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

Kyra you are amazing! I really really do not know how you do all that. Really. Did you forget to list in there some kind of amazing energy drink that you drank or that you jumped into a machine to duplicate yourself? Today I have sick Easton who has been throwing up so I've managed one load of laundry in the washer (not the dryer), a trip to the store for pedialyte, and many many attempts at keeping Easton relatively comfortable.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Um I am not shocked one bit but WOW!!! You are amazing! Pretty much as amazing as I have thought you were, kinda like wonder woman or something of that sourt! Can I come over for an internship?? I need to learn how to be the mom, wife, and cleaning lady that you are for sure!!! YOU ROCK!!!
By the way did you figure out how to add a few more hours to your day and are keeping it a secret??

the Chandler chronicles said...

I like this idea--list what I DID DO as oppossed to looking at my list and all that I DID NOT do. Are you in your lawn chair tomorrow? You should be :)

Vanessa said...

Wow Kyra! That is a seriously impressive list. I am lucky if I get that much done in a week. I guess that explains why my house is always a mess! :)

Sarah said...

oh my goodness. i did three loads of laundry today and i thought that was awesome. i kind of wish i was ocd about cleaning because i love having a clean house, but i am just not. i wish we lived closer so you could come clean my house too! :) lol!

Sara said...

I am exhausted just reading that! Where do you find the energy woman?

The Gray Family said...

no wonder your house is always so clean! If I hang out with you more often, will some of that rub off on me? We should try it :>) I also am a little envious of your job...if I got paid to exercise, maybe I would do it more often. You look fantastic though!

Jon + Carly said...

Shut up! Seriously, 1 day?
You're making me look bad!

Michelle said...

Okay, that list just made me feel like the laziest mom EVER!!! I'm seriously way on top of things if I do all that in a week, and I only have 1 kid! I kept thinking I was going to get to the end of the list and read..."yeah right, this was just all I WISHED I'd done today!" But no, it's what you actually did today....WOW! I was going to blog but I think I'll go clean something :) I'm impressed. And jealous. Love you!