Sunday, October 25, 2009

Homework battle

I cannot believe how much homework they give these little kindergartneres. Arent' they suppsoed toe be doing art, playign wtih blocks and takign naps? What has happened? Ashton is getting a little better about doing his homework. But there is still plenty of whining involved. This picture was taken right before I could tell he was going to lose it.
Every day after school Ashton and I will negotiate (which I am sure you are not supposed to do with a five-year old) how much homework he needs to do that day. It is usually two or three pages.
The other day after Ashton finished his two pages I was looking them over and realizing they were both the easiest pages in the packet and was about to have him do another page. But Ashton must have sensed it because he said "That was two activities (pages) Mom. You said two. Don't say more. Don't even try to talk me into it." And I didn't I was laughing too hard at how well he can read me.
Yeah! Homework is over. Time to play!

2 comments:

Alyse Burt said...

Sorry to say it gets worse...I still have to fight Cameron, who is 10 ALL the FREAKING time about homework. But Lyndsey LOVES homework and always wants more. Maybe Tera will like homework! And, I'm beyond jealous of your lovely 70 degrees, why don't I live there?

Annette Rose said...

I know! What kills me is that they are at school ALL day! Ky doesn't get home till 4, and has either soccer or piano at 5:30 most days. So he has an hour and 1/2 to do homework, practice piano, eat dinner. Then its time for baths and bed when we get home. When do they get to play? UGH! I feel bad for them!