Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Teras Three!

Our little girl turned three today. It is so hard for me to believe! Just wanted to post some of my favorite pictures of our little girl growing up. She had a great time at her Little Mermaid birthday party Sat. and thoroughly enjoyed all her presents The kids watched the new Ariel movie on a big screen in the backyard.



Also, right on cue for the "terrible threes" (many say threes are harder than twos) Tera has developed her little attitude and independence. She wants to get dressed by herself, buckle herself, etc. The only problem is- she doesn't know how to do these things very efficiently, if at all. So, getting ready for church takes a long time. She has to put on her own dress and then throws a fit when I have to tie the bow in the back- she has even started hitting lately and calling me "dummy head" and "stinky mom." She recently has bit a few of her friends and a kid at the gym. I don't know what happened to my sweet little girl- I know she is in there somewhere under the attitude- she just knows exactly what she wants and how she wants it done- I guess I just have to get used to this new found independence (minus the biting of course) I already dealt with Ashton being a biter for years- I think another biter might force me to see a therapist. Regardless- I love this little girl.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO BUMMED I TOTALLY have a RETARDED BRAIN!! Sorry about the BIG DUMBNESS of me!! The girlies missed out!! It looks like the MERMAID cake turned out CUTE! ;) Also, looks like there was a good turn out! :) Kyra, you are WAY FUN!!

Vanessa said...

She is so adorable ! She had the chubby kissable cheeks like Savannah, I love it!

Heather said...

It was fun hanging out, glad I got to witness all the cute kid party stuff! :) Totally wanted to see that movie too! Love you Tera, Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Tera! Sorry about the biting, that is NO fun to deal with. And I agree that the threes are way worse than "terrible twos"-- good luck!

The Gray Family said...

What a cute little girl she is! Love the old pics of you...there is definitely a strong resemblance! Lucky for her :>) The party was lots of fun, and you and Heather did an amazing job on the cake!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

She is so stinkin cute! Happy Birthday little one and I am glad that you had a good party! I am also glad to share my birthday with such a cutie!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Tera! We love you!! You are such a sweetie and we are glad to be part of your life.