Friday, March 21, 2008

How Katie has changed my life...

When I met Katie, I did not realize the immensely profound ways she would influence my life. I would say the most important being, her re-introducing me to rainbow chip cupcakes. I am obsessed. I think in the last month I have had them four times! I have also learned that you have to buy the rainbow chip kind, not confetti- or the kind that you have to mix in the sprinkles- it needs to come mixed together. This is crucial to the tastiness of the cupcake. So detrimental in fact, that one night I was craving these cupcakes, I went to four different stores all around town looking for just the right frosting so Katie could make a batch. Luckily Heather was with me, or I would have come back with the wrong frosting. She informed me that Albertsons always carries the correct frosting. Walmart, Vons and Target however, did not have any at the time- I am now an Albertsons fan.

The second way Katie has impacted my life, again very profoundly, is her knowledge of towel hanging. I love the way she tied a ribbon around the towels at her home. So, I finally did my own and love the difference this little ribbon and hand towel on top makes. It is the little things that make a difference.

Thank you Katie- my life will never be the same!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyra, you are AMAZING!!! Thanks for bringing my SPIRITS high!! You are ONE FUN MAMA!! You are too fun and I hope you know that I will make you those ANYTIME YOU WANT!! ;) LOVE YA GIRL!!!

Heather said...

Love this! That was a fun night! I loved gabbin' with you guys and getting to know you even better! i LOVED your stories! I made the cupcakes for my little bro's birthday and they were a hit of course! :) I used to make them all the time and this has definitely gotten me back on that obsession! Thanks! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way...the towels turned out REALLY cute too!!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

How funny Katie has changed my life in the same way!!! LOVE THAT GIRL!

The Cook Fam said...

I too have had the desire to make the rainbow chip cookies since being to Amy's last week. I found the frosting just yesterday at Stater Bros. Question though. Do you have to by the rainbow chip cake mix or will white taste just the same? The cake mixed nor the frosting were on sale so I skimped and went with the frosting alone. I figured I could pick up a white cake mix at Target for less than a buck. Let me know.

Kyra said...

the frosting is the key- the cake is just fluff- you know that now though- right?