Friday, March 21, 2008

Do you want me to be like Jesus?

We were eating breakfast yesterday when Ashton looked at me and asked, "Mom, do you want me to be like Jesus." Of course I do. He said "Do you want to be like Jesus too" Of course. "Then maybe you should not spank me anymore." You're right. What should I do instead? "Just talk to me." After this conversation Ashton proceeded to clear his plate, share his orange juice with his sister, clean up the scrambled eggs Tera had spilled,m mop the floor and get a tissue for Tera's nose. I was a bit overwhelmed with all the goodness bubbling out of my little Ashton. It was one of his shining moments!!

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so that is so dang cute! The things that kids do that you learn from. He is a smart little boy and how sweet he is too. Boy can that kid mop too, he has a good mommy to teach him I am sure! A boy of many talents!

Rebecca said...

Wow, I would have to say Aston is one sweet boy. I bet moment like that make you forget how hard it is sometimes!

Heather said...

So cute and hilarious! He has got you wrapped around his smart little finger - I love it!

Niki McDowell said...

That is so cute, I love how the things they say can melt your heart