Sunday, August 30, 2009

So Ready

Our little Tera begins preschool in just two days. I know people generally post these kind of things after school has begun, but she is so excited. I am sure there will be another post on her real first day of school but needed to share this cute experience. I know Tera will be a great student. She is such an artist and I think she will pick up writing very quickly. I thought Tera would miss me or be a little concerned about leaving me, but I was wrong. The other day Tera had a speech assessment and her open house for preschool. When we arrived at the Elementary school (where Ashton goes) for her speech appointment she un-buckled, opened the door and said "Bye Mom, I love you." She was ready to hop out and leave me. I had to tell her that I was going into the school with her. She was disappointed. She thought she was starting school just like Ashton and that I would drop her off there everyday and pick her up later. She kept saying "I'm at Ashton's school" and told him all about it when he got home from school. She was adorable at her speech appointment. She told the teacher what she saw in all the pictures and then answered some questions. Here are some of my favorites.

Teacher: What do you do when you are tired?
Tera:Um, Brush my teeth
(One of the steps for going to bed, right?)

Teacher: What do you need to do when you can't find your shoes?
Tera: Ummm, Ask my Daddy to find them.
(Or look for them)

Teacher: What do you do if you're hot?
Tera: Ummm. Turn something on
(I am assuming she meant the A/C)
I sat there listening during the 40 minutes speech assessment and had a smile on my face the whole time. It was really one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I will have to see if I can video her reading a book or talking. I just could listen to her and watch her for hours. She has the sweetest little voice and says umm before answering anything and always says "uh huh" instead of yes. She would smile big after answering each question. She was so proud of herself. I told her later how sad I would be when she went to preschool all by herself and left me. She gave me a hug and smiled "I'll come back Mom." I can't believe my sweet, little girl is old enough to start preschool. Look how huge her cute little Tinkerbell backpack is on her. I adore this girl. She's as sweet as they come.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Todd + Emily said...

She is ADORABLE!!!! that is so cute but sad at the same time that she is ready to go on her own!!! I love her! Whenever you need a break call me I'll take her : )! BTW I got your message. I will totally stop by for a little bit!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

She is so super duper sweet! What a wonderful kid to have around and be around, she is just a sweetheart! Congrats big girl!