Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Trip- Part One

I am enjoying a relaxing Sunday at my Grandmas house and figured I would blog while she watches Scooby-doo with the kids. (She thinks it is a very ridiculous show) We are on a three week trip and have been gone for six days so far. We spent three days in Seattle and then the next three in Tri-Cities. We are having a great time. My only complaint is that Matt is not with us. Wish he could get three weeks off and be with us, but can't really afford to take three weeks off! So, I am posting pictures so he can visualize what his family has been up to.
The flight here- Mazzi chillin' on the floor of the airplane- Ashton and Tera being silly. The kids were actually pretty good on the flight, but it was humorous checking in and getting my baggage. I had six bags, two car seats and one stroller and three kids. It was quite sight to behold.

First stop- Bothell, Wa to visit the Cooks. It was so nice to see their family and their new home. We miss them living close! We enjoyed some three-digit weather in Seattle without an AC. So we did the slip n' slide and the splash pad and just had fun being hot and sweaty with our good friends.

The boys enjoyed playing X-box and Wii. Even though it was very hot inside.

Despite the heat, Ashton really wanted to roast marshmallows so the agreed to using the fire pit. So hot! I am posting this lovely picture at Ryans request. I think it is hilarious. Shelley looks really classy right? Here's one below to show she really is a sweet beautiful girl.

We met up with my cousin Rachelle and her kids at Chism park. Carter and Ash enjoyed collecting all the dead fish they could find. It sure is beautiful and green there.Tera and Sydney eating cookie dough together.The kids helping create bugs to put on Carters b.day cupcakes. Rachelle and I making the infamous "Fish face" When Rachelle lived with us for a summer we would always make this face for pictures. IT was so nice seeing her again. She will always hold a special place in my heart and feel a bit like a sister to me. I adore her.


Next stop was the tri cities to visit my Grandparents. We stayed with my Grandma Bickle and ti was so nice being with her and having her play with the kids. Mazzi took to her right away.

My Grandma Scrimsher and I were able to attend a session at the Columbia Temple in Richland, Wa. It was nice spending that special time with her.


Grandma B putting legos together with Ashton. It was so cute to watch!

Swimming with my second cousins, Annette's, kiddos.

Tera feeding Mazzi Popsicles in Grandma B's front yard.

Grandma coloring with Tera.

Tera got to ride with Aunt Leslie on the horse. She had a huge smile on her face the whole time. Thanks Leslie!


Tera and Grace were instant buddies and it was so fun seeing them laugh and play together.

Now we are taking off for the Oregon Coast for a family reunion!
Matt feel free to spell check I posted this in a big hurry! Love you :)

9 comments:

the Chandler chronicles said...

Wow! It is so beautiful up there! I love your farm pics, those are great. nice to see the Cooks too!

melissa gargalis said...

Can I just say how amazing you are for flying by yourself and making it through the airport with all your kids and gear in tow. I am SO impressed right now. Glad you're having fun.

Candy Fam said...

Oh Rachelle... How is she doing? It looks like you are having so much fun! I want to be there too!

Hannah&Kellin said...

My personal favorite...the sleeping one! Can't wait to see you!

The Gray Family said...

looks like you are having a fun trip! I too am impressed by you handling all 3 kids on the plane by yourself. Are you and Shelley wearing matching swimsuits???

The Cook Fam said...

Wow Kyra! Thanks so much for posting that lovely picture of me. Thanks for sweating it out with us. Misery loves company right? Sorry we couldn't get the house below the mid 80's - it's now cooling down. That was just a freak week of weather. We loved having you here. Looks like your keeping busy with lots of fun! Talk to you soon.

Heather said...

WOW! I didn't know you were going to be gone that long! So fun! Are you and Shelley weraing the same suit in the first pic of you guys? You look like really cute twins! ;) And I love the one of you feeding her a marshmallow! Priceless!

Todd + Emily said...

How fun is that!!! Looks like you guys had fun visiting the cooks!!! And cute picture of you feeding shelley!!!

Sarah said...

it was so fun to see you! grace had a blast with tera, too bad we don't live closer they would be great little buddies!