Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why I'm in a good mood

I decided after my negative post, I should post a more positive one-

So, I am happy because:

It didn't get too hot today (I think only in the 80's?)
Tera has not had an accident in a long time- she is officially potty trained!
Gas prices are down! I paid about 46.00 to fill up our SUV- with premium :)
I like my house :)
We have good friends
I get to sleep in an extra hour tomorrow am

I also have to mention my conversations with the kids today.

I woke up to Ashton running up to my bed with no pants or underwear on. He is saying
"I am so sorry, I am so sorry, it is all my fault."
I asked him what happened.
"I went to the bathroom and wiped and used a lot of toilet paper and then flushed and water started exploding out of the toilet. I am so sorry mom, it is all my fault because I used too much toilet paper."
He was so dang cute and apologetic that I didn't even mind plunging the toilet, soaking up and cleaning up the mess first thing in the morning. Silly boy!

And a conversation with Tera today-
We went to Lowes and she did not feel like shopping. She kept saying she wanted to go home.
As soon as we pull in the garage she says.
"You made me happy mom."
I asked her why.
"Because you brought me home so I could take a bath with Ariel."
Her baths these days are a good 1-2 hours. She sits in there and plays until I force her to come out. She is extra clean and sometimes pruney these days!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ashton is such a sweetie... I really enjoy being his preschool teacher.

We had fun tonight!

The Gray Family said...

can I just say that your kids make me laugh! It would be hard to not make me upset about an overflowing toilet, but I think Ashton's apology right there might do it.

Rebecca said...

Jason and I laughed when we read about Ashton and his toilet incident! What a funny boy!!

Leslie said...

So you're in a good mood now, good for you. But now I'm in a bad mood because thanks to daylight savings it's now getting dark at 5:00, soon it will get dark at 4:30. It drives me nuts not to be able to ride my bike and horse in the evenings. I guess I need to get some craft projects going.