Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My little boy is Five!

Getting ready for the party- Ashton and Tera blew up all the balloons with their air pump. They had a blast! And I was grateful I didn't have to blow them up. I wouldn't have thought of using the air pump!

Ashton wrapped all the streamers around trees and light post at the park-

Ashton chose to play croquet and horseshoes for his b.day party. The croquet didn't lats long as the mallets quickly became weapons! But, it was fun for them while it lasted.
Ashton wanted a Ninja Turtle party- which I thought was a brilliant idea until I discovered no party stores sell any Ninja Turtle party supplies. I know this shouldn't have been a big deal- but I like when parties have themes. We ended up settling for- a regular turtle pinata with a ribbon tied around its head...
(I know I look thrilled in these pictures:) Thats about how I feel these days!
Ribbon tied around all of the kids heads A cupcake with a mini ninja turtle on it...And some cool ninja turtle moves on top of the rocks of course...

He had a happy day and got spoiled rotten of course!


He got this cool motorcycle helmet from his Nana and Papa so that he can be extra safe when he goes for rides with them. He was pretty excited to be like his Papa!

4 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

My boys were so excited for the party. They fought over that invitation for a whole week, I almost called you to make me another one. They had so much fun and now they won't take off their ninja turtle headbands. Brock wore his on the way to school and I made him take it off, but he insisted on putting it in his backpack. I had to force it off Dax to get his pictures taken today, what a hit.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Aaawww... looks like so much fun, happy birthday little man!!! Your themed party looks like it was a hit! I also LOVE the helmet! SO COOL!

Heather said...

You are so creative and the kids just loved it! Happy Birthday Ashton!!

Anderson Family said...

Happy Birthday Ashton!!!