Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oh Ashton...

Ashton is a funny kid. He makes me laugh daily. Here's a few of his latest.

When playing in the backyard he sawa big black bumblebee. You know, the HUGE kind. He came in frantically telling me about this ginormous bee. I told him taht I had seen that kind of bee before and that I wasn't even sure if they stung. To which he said, "there's only one way to find out. (pause) Send Tera out there and see if she gets stung. (followed by a sinister laugh)

Then another day Ashton asked,"Mom, whats the most powerful thing?"
Mom: (being a bit cheese and knowing it) Love. Like my love for you.
Ashton: Really? So if a POWERFUL volcano erupted and lava was coming you would just stand there and love it?
Mom- Nothing - what do you say to that?

When we were driving in the car I accidentally cut someone off. I quickly said "I'm sorry... I'm sorry."
Ashton looked at me like I was a total dummy and said "You know they can't hear you right mom?"

In many ways having Ashton around is like having a mini-adult around (one that throws random tantrums when they don't get their way) but for the most part- he's quite fun!

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Well I think the guy is pretty dang smart and that little bit of time I got to hang out with just him that day I felt like I was talking to a mini adult. It was so fun!

Todd + Emily said...

hahah I am cracking up!!! those stories are hilarious!!!