Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fun filled memorial day weekend.
We started out the camping trip with our friends the McDowells and the Nelsons (minus Melissa who we missed) The kids had good time hanging out by the fire....


and eating junk food like chips


capri suns...


and doughnuts.
Because Ashton and Matt had gone on the father/son campout the weekend before Tera thought this campout should be a bit more "girly" so insisited it was a "ballernia campout" She brought tutus for her and Tatum to wear and they performed a beuatiufl dance for us.


Mazzi decided she did not love camping and insisted on being held most of the time- and then woke up at 4 in the morning to play in the tent. I love this picture of her because if you look closely she is rolling her eyes at me while I take the picture. Mazzzi mastered rolling her eyes when she was less than a year old (concerns me greatly)
Our next adventure was going to the beach on Memorial day, which also happened to be my b.day this year. If it hadn't been my b.day Matt would have never agreed to go because he knew it would be very busy for the holiday. The beach wasn't too bad, but the parking was horrific! I think he spent an hour finding a spot and Clint spent an hour and a half. Poor guys. Glad they dropped us off! Then leaving the beach it took about a 1/2 hour just to get off Balboa avenue. So I don't know if we will dare brave the beach on memorial day again. I am sure Matt will not allow it and will remind me of our experience this year!

But we had a good time and it was worth it! I love this picture of the boys playing football.

and being manly..Ash and Dad enjoying a game of paddle ball.
I loved spending time with some of my favorite girls- Niki and Melissa.
Tera always looks forward to playing with Tatum
and Mazzi enjoying getting sandy
There were adults at this activities... but the kids are cuter so they get more pictures. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

That looks like so much fun! Remind me why we aren't there again?

The Gray Family said...

looks like a good time...sorry we missed all the fun!

Leslie said...

Looks like you had a really fun weekend. I'm glad you've made so many great friends to enjoy life with. Tera is adorable in her dance outfit. I would love to see her dance sometime. Yeah, see you in August!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Looks like super duper duper fun!