Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kindergarten Graduate


Ashton and Mrs. Welch

Ashton has graduated Kindergarden. He has learned a lot this year and the fact that he can sit through a morning in a class room and pay attention says a lot for his teacher and education in general. I am so proud of my little boy and love that he is growing up so smart and "mature." He is quite good at math and good at sounding out words- as long as you can sound them out. He gets frustrated by the English language and how the rules change from word to word. I don't blame him! He had a good yer and when I asked him if he would miss school he said "No, but I will miss Mrs. Welch." We only hope he has more of a desire to learn by next year and are trying to focus on his sight words over the summer. He is quite different from me when I was in school. I had a strong desire to be the smartest and get the best grades and Ashton could really care less. His whole report card was filled with 'S's" for Satisfactory and if I had gotten anything other than "O" for outstanding I would have had a melt down. He's a fun one though this boy- he keeps us laughing and on our toes. Love you Ash and sorry I didn't have you wear a tux and get you baloons and flowers like some of the other parents. (Not really- I mean seriously, it's kindergarten people!)

No comments: