Thursday, September 17, 2009

Three minutes

This morning I got Ashton and Tera ready for school. Tera got picked up for preschool, then I dropped Ashton off at his school, went home to get myself ready, dropped Mazzi off at Kati's so I could voulenteer in Ashton's classroom for an hour (so fun and for some reason makes me feel like I'm a good mom, which I need to feel. Plus, I like having a badge; it makes me feel offical). Then I pick up Mazzi at Kati's and head to her pediatrition appointment. Her appointment was at 10:15. I checked in at 10:18. At 10:36 they call Mazzi's name so I go up to the front desk expecting to go back to see the doctor. But instead...

Stupid receptionist tells me this-"You're appointment was at 10:15 and it is past 10:30, so you cannot see the doctor."
Me (trying not to reach over and rip her hair out): "Yes, but it was not 10:30 when I checked in, it was 10:18."
Stupid Receptionist: "We still cannot see you."
Me: "I was only three minutes late"
Stupid receptionist:"It is not my desiciion it is the doctors. You'll have to reschedule."

Now I am trying not to throw the container with all the pens on it at her or chuck everythign off the counter.
She schedules my appointment and I walk out. I don't tell her "Thank you" or even say a word. and I even leave the magazine that Mazzi chucked on the ground there. Oh yea, what a rebel.

Yet still I don't feel satisfied. So, are any of my friends up for egging the doctors office tonight? Let's say 11:00ish after the dance party?

Anyways- I guess I need to learn to be on time. I am consistently five minutes later everywhere I go, even my aerobics class, yes, the one I teach- now that is bad. So, maybe this was supposed to be a lesson for me to be on time. Even three minutes is late. I just wish it didn't have to be taught to me by such a stupid receptionist. Now I will be back Monday... maybe even three minutes early- but this time with all three kids- and it won't be pretty for anyone involved, myself included. If this was a test, as all life is, to see how patiently I would handle this kind of situation, I failed.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Don't worry, I would have failed too! That is so frustrating. I thought there was a standard 5 minute window before you were really 'late' to a dr. appointment. Guess your receptionist just felt like being a punk that day. When I was pregnant with Jonas I was working so I would always schedule my appointments during my lunch break to try and miss less work. Except I would always end up waiting AN HOUR to see my dumb dr. Then of course he would see me for 5 minutes and that's it!

Wow, I guess I need to work on some issues of my own because I just got way too upset about this post and then wrote way too much! :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok that is seriously rediculous!!!! I would be SO MAD and I can promise you that I am going to transfer to the Temecula one after Brooke's 2 month appointment! I am so sorry girl! LAME!!!

Katie said...

That is so lame. I am sorry.. usually they are cool about that...

The Gray Family said...

it seems kind of standard to have at least a ten minute grace period? That seems pretty lame to me. We have patients show up an hour late sometimes, and we still try to squeeze them in if possible. It's such a drive to the doctor's as well...you would think they would be a little more understanding? If my doc pulled that on me I would be pretty ticked. Sorry!

The Cook Fam said...

Oh I'd be ticked!!! That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me! Seriously - you are in CA: place of completely undpredictable traffic. I'm annoyed and ready to come egg the dr's office with you. Let me know if it's already been taken care of before I book a flight.