Monday, September 14, 2009

Teras best friend (and one of mine)

I
Last year I met Bekah. Right when I met her I thought that she was the nicest person I had ever met. I thought perhaps she was too nice and possibly wouldn't like me because I wasn't nice enough. But, Bekah is not that way. She cares about everyone and doesn't judge. I feel so blessed to know her and to have her as a friend. She is such an example to me of strength, perseverance, patience, kindness and charity. I often think "I wish I could be like Bekah." She seems to have many trials in her life, especially health related trials, yet I never hear her complain. Instead of focusing on the challenges going on in her life she is always serving others, myself included. We always look forward to play-dates at Bekah's house, we all adore her.
On Tera's birthday, when I was taking her to Disneyland, my other two kiddos stayed with Bekah. She is so good to help out watching my kids. But Tera was very sad that Mazzi and Ashton got to stay with Bekah and she had to go to Disneyland with her mom! This situation demonstrates perfectly the love this girl has for Bekah. What kind of kid would choose to go to someones house rather than go to Disneyland wit their mom? And then later that day when I was asking her who loved her the most she said "Bekah and Mom." (I was second) Then I asked her if she loved me or Bekah more (I know you probably shouldn't ask little kids these kinds of questions) and she said "I like you both the same." And I am okay with that; just grateful that I at least "tied" with Bekah. Bekah makes my kids feel special and loved (and me too). When Tera is over Bekah plays with her the whole time, as if she were a child. Most grown-ups tend to visit and let the kid splay together, but this is not what happens at Becca's. She is in on the playing. Each time Tera sees Bekah she runs to her and hugs her. Even Mazzi lights up when she sees the Eliasons. Bekah has a gift for letting people feel special and that they are children of God. What a gift. What a friend. We love you Bekah. I will keep trying to be more like you.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

AWWWW! This is so nice! Ok now do a post on me! LOL!! I'm unfortunately not that nice, but I'm going to try harder too now! ;)

The Gray Family said...

I agree Bekah is amazing! Kids make me laugh with what they say....at least you are on the same level with her, right?