Monday, June 8, 2009

Six Quirks

1. Beds have to be made in my house. If I have to leave in a rush and don't get home till 7 pm- I will still make them just to sleep in them.

2. I feel bad for my couch when it gets squashed or I see the cushions getting flattened. When Matt lays on the couch I get mad and tell him to take a nap on our bed because he is flattening the cushions. He thinks I am crazy.

3. I love jeans. If I could live in one item of clothing or could only buy one item of clothing it would be jeans. Even if I don't need jeans- I am always tempted by a cute pair of them.

4. I analyze voice mail greetings or answering machines greetings. If the voice sounds phony, too perky, not perky enough, if it's too long, if its not changed often enough, etc.

5. I compare my grass to every ones. I am constatly having Matt look at peoples grass and asking them their tricks and trying to get our grass to look as good. But we refuse to water it tons because we are are cheap. (By the way- Sarah and Kim- your grass looks awesome! I noticed it on our walk the other day)

6. I don't usually sit and watch tv or a movie unless I am doing something else- scrapbooking, eating, folding laundry. We have not had cable or DISH since we have been married- 7 years and I don't think we will ever have it.

5 comments:

Candy Fam said...

your so funny Kyra... next time I leave a message I am going to be so worried that you won't like it or I was too perky or something.... thanks! :) I love and miss you. Do you think you are going to make a trip to Las Vegas?

Heather said...

I love it! I knew about the bed thing, but the voice message thing is hilarious!! I would love to know what you think of mine! ;) And the grass thing I am right there with you! Seth refuses to water more than 3 times a week, like that is the thing killing it! I think the grass that looks the best is in the shade for the hottest part of the day - and unfortunetely that is something we cannot make happen! Oh well.

Todd + Emily said...

your so funny! I am the same way about my bed. If my room is a mess it always seems a little bit cleaner when my bed is made.... hilarious about the voice mail.. (what do you think of mine?!?!?! ) Oh yeah and Happy Belated birthday! Looks like you had a good one!

Vanessa said...

Why get cable when you can come over to my house and watch shows:)

Melissa said...

Love your quirks Kyra! I will try to treat your couch with utmost respect from now on... and I have to say I am offended you didn't have anything to say about our grass!