Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dads cooler than your Dad

I have always firmly believed that I have the coolest Dad ever (even when he has nasty facial hair- see picture below)
I know I am who I am today because of my Dad. Because he believed in me and helped me feel his love and the love of my Heavenly Father. He always had faith in me and saw the goodness in me- even as a snotty teenage girl. I have so many fond memories of my Dad and have always felt proud to be his daughter. He is smart and can figure anything out, he has a way of captivating people when he talks, he is good at everything he tries (racquetball, arm wrestling, knee-boarding, air chair, to name a few) I feel like he will always protect me and that I would never get hurt with my dad there, and he makes me laugh. I feel blessed to be his daughter and to have him as the grandpa to Matt and I's children. I love you Dad! Happy Fathers Day!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ashley and Dave said...

I actually like the hippee facial hair look! I also really like the picture of you and your dad sitting on the couch because he looks young enough to be your date!!

terrysoasis said...

Ashley has fantastic taste and shows incredible kindness with those remarks! Sad truth is that if she saw us together now she'd probably think I look old enough to be your grandpa! Anyway Kyra, just wanted to say that with your "My Dad's Cooler than you Dad" post to your blog you have more than made up for the fact that your Father's Day card was late! I love you. Dad

Bryce and Sierra Hannibal said...

Yeah, I agree.....we do have the best dad ever. man are we lucky! I bet everyone wishes they had our dad!!

Heather said...

Aww tear! :) Happy Fathers Day to Matt and your daddy! I love all the pics!

Leslie said...

Yes you do have a cool dad. How many girls can say their dad looks like a young Kevin Costner?