Saturday, April 25, 2009

My friend Britney

So, as I have been talking about for months now- I had my Britney concert on Monday, the 20th. It was very entertaining to see Britney in "real life" (to the extent that concerts can be considered real life) It made me realize how silly it is to see idolize famous people. She is just like the rest of us- although she is gorgeous and can dance. But- Kati and I had a blast watching her dance around in her shiny, skimpy lingerie-type costumes. I think I took a pic of each costume so you can get an idea. I think she had about 10 costume changes.

When we got there a lady asked us if we would like to trade our tickets in and be down on the floor I was skeptical that we were getting scammed but Kati said yes so we went from what would have been the very top row seats to being right next to the stage- so close that the sweat could have dripped on us! I wish we had better quality cameras because we really were right next to the stage and the pictures don't do it justice.

Here are some videos-Britney dancing around in a cage (this gives you an idea of just how classy (or trashy?) it was) to "Piece of Me" and then the next video is to "Toxic." Toxic was probably my favorite performance and I thought her outfit was the cutest. I secretly want to own these glittery pants. How fun are they??


6 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow, you are not kidding, you are so super close that is RAD!!! I am glad you got to go do that and had a total blast! I saw Katie the next day and she had no voice from yelling, you know it's a good concert when you loose your voice! You crack me up "My Friend Britney" Kyra you are a hoot to me!

Vanessa said...

I am so jealous, I love going to concerts! You guys looked Hot ( even better than Britney :)! Glad you had fun!

Anderson Family said...

That's awesome!!! You guys must of had so much fun.

Todd + Emily said...

I am SO JEALOUS!!!! it looks like you had a blast and the concert was aweseome!!!! I can't believe you got to go down to the stage!!!! Loved your hair it looks so cute!

Meagan said...

I'm so glad you got to experience Britney in person, now you guys are sooo close! I have always enjoyed britney's music, she is pretty awesome!!

The Gray Family said...

glad you had a good time! I love that you and Kati are both mothers of three, yet can still pass for high school students :>)