Sunday, April 5, 2009

Economics according to Ashton

Ashton wants a PlayStation… badly. When counting the dollar bills in my pocket he counted ten. He asked-

Ash: Is that enough for a PlayStation?
Mom: No, we need about 200 more dollars.
Ash: Can you count to 200?
Mom: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, (etc.)
Ash: Wow that’s a lot of dollars.
Mom: Yea, I know
Ash: I wish we had one trillion dollars so we could get a PlayStation. If we had a million
dollars we wouldn't have to worry about anything, we'd just keep getting toys.
Mom: Sure...
Ash: You should make some more money by entering a contest or somethin'.
Mom: What kind of contest?
Ash: Maybe a skateboard contest or somethin'
(Apparently the kid hasn't seen me skateboard)

I guess my son is a little too aware of economics and the economic stress that the economy is putting us in.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a smart boy!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Sad that kids get that at that age!