Sunday, March 8, 2009

Little Annoyances...

Annoyance #1



Matt got in a car accident Wed- leaving yet another car totaled. One we just bought a few months ago and put new tires on a week ago. We feel blessed that he is okay- yet not so fortunate that the person hitting him did not have any insurance. He was hit from behind on the freeway which caused him to hit the stopped traffic in front of him. So, we will be forking out some money for another car (money we don't have). We have been in three accidents since living in Southern California, averaging one a year. I am beginning to think that traffic accidents, as well as earthquakes and wildfires are one of the hazards of living down in Southern California. Wish us luck on search of commuter car #2!




Annoyance #2:

I finally think we are getting close to being able to purchase a new LCD TV (our old one broke months ago) but then we need to get new tires for my car ($600.00 worth) YUK! I think tires are about the most unexciting, expensive purchase out there. Why is rubber so ridiculously expensive? These tires better last a while and some uninsured idiot better not hit me- because the tires definitely won't be as fun to have as a TV would have been; but priorities are priorities.
Annoyance #3
"I'm a good kisser." What a lame line!!Jason Mesnick. I allowed myself to watch the most shallowest of shows- the bachelor- and wasted many hours of my life watching and thinking about this show. So let me waste yet a few more minutes on this topic. I got sucked in to this season because Jason seemed like such a nice, albeit a little feminine, guy. I also figured it wouldn't be as trashy with a single dad.... but in the end- I decided I can't expect much from a a show where someone is making out/sleeping with multiple people one day and then proposing to one of them the next day. I really liked Melissa and thought she handled herself well on the final rose ceremony-and I really disliked Molly. Anyways, hopefully this will be a reminder to me to not watch it the next time- but I will probably be sucked in again, because next time Jillian is the bachelorette and she is absolutely adorable!
Annoyance #4
Today I went in to the DMV for the fourth time in three months. I just can't get enough of that place! So here's the story in a nutshell- they are idiots! No, I will go a bit more in depth than that. After living in California for three years I decided it was time to turn in my Idaho license for a California one. I went in with my Idaho licence (reading: Kyra Thompson) but they said I was under the Californian computer as Kyra Smith (my maiden name). So, I did all the paperwork and then came back for trip #2 with my marriage licence. They issued me my temporary drivers licence as Kyra Thompson. Then, a few weeks later I got my actual drivers license in the mail and it still had my maiden name on it. Oops!! So, I went in, trip #3 to show them the mistake and ask them to fix it. They said they didn't know what the problem was. If it showed on my temporary and I was in the computer as Thompson, it should come back as Thompson. So they tried again. I got the new drivers licence in the mail a few weeks later, and again it said Kyra Smith. So today, for the 4th time- I went into the DMV and told them the same story again. They told me the same thing and said they would resend it. I asked if they had done anything differently than they had done the other two times to ensure that it would come with the correct name. They said they hadn't, but that it should come with the name that it shows on the computer. I asked what I could do when (oops, I mean if) it came to me with my maiden name on it yet again. They said I would have to come in!! So, I guess if it comes again I will go in for the 5th time and we will continue to do this until the day I die. I think it will become a fun game. I will keep you posted on the next licence that comes in the mail.

6 comments:

Meagan said...

i wish i had an extra car to give you!! that really stinks, you guys have had a rough couple of weeks with all that's been happening, I hope for only good things to come your way!!

franberi said...

if you or when you have to go back you should leave your kiddos with us. Abbey talks about Tera almost everyday, we miss seeing you guys. Playgroup just isnt enough.

Todd + Emily said...

wow!!!! Well I totally agree with tires! It's pathetic how much they are! I hate it!!! And I totally agree with the Bachelor and loved what you said :) I'm sorry about your car accident that stinks!! but it'll all get better :)

Bryce and Sierra Hannibal said...

Oh Kyra...I understand, it took me forever to get my licnese and it still says my maiden name. I even got my social security name changed, but that wasn't enough. I have problems at airports and everything. I stil have like 20 copies of my marriage license that I bring with me places just in case they don't believe that Bryce is my hubby and that I am indeed me. I absolutely hate the DMV...I believe it's right down there with out houses.

Melissa said...

Ehhh... sorry about the car, that seriously stinks!!! I have nothing pleasant to say about the DMV, so I will just keep my mouth closed. I hope it works out this time.

Vanessa said...

I totally get you on the tire thing, I HATE spending money on car stuff, it is just so UN-FUN!! Good Luck with the car. And Yes the Bachelor was VERY annoying!!