Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July (100th post)

We spent fourth of july with some friends at Lake Elsinore watching the fireworks off the lake. It was nice having a BBQ, watching the kids swimming in the lake, and boating (courtesy of the Chalkers:)
Ashton and buddies swimming in the lake.Matt enjoying the pleasant company of children on the boat

Getting ready for the fireworks (Tera fell asleep before they started)
Matt trying to pull his buddy Clint off the board-

The only thing we missed during the fireworks was Lee Greenwoods "God Bless the USA" playing in the background. I grew up having that song blasted (thanks to my Dad) each fourth of july.

"I'm proud to be an American Where at least I know I'm free,And I won't forget the men who died Who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up next to you And defend her still today,'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the U.S.A."

I am very grateful to live in the United States- grateful for the freedoms we enjoy and all the comforts that come from living here. I feel blessed to be able to raise my children in such a diverse nation and somewhere that they can choose what they want to do with their life. Grateful for the choices I was able to make- marriage, schooling, profession, religion, how many children I want etc. So many choices that we are able to make that we often take for granted. I am most grateful to live in a land where we can worship as we desire. This country was founded on such religious principles- I do believe that God has blessed this land. God Bless America!

No comments: