Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meet Survivor

The kids have been really interested in exploring on my parents acreage lately. They will spend two or three hours straight outside building forts out of twigs or bow and arrows out of branches and string. I love to watch them play outside. I decided that's where kids belong. I wish we could always live somewhere that they could have room to wander around.


One day when they were exploring, Ashton, Tera and their friend (aka my second son) Riley found this lizard hibernating under a log. I don't know if Lizards hibernate, but this experience made me think they do. The kids captured the lizard (that was barley moving) and put him in a little cage with grass. I told them I thought he needed bugs to eat so they went back out to look for bugs but they couldn't find any. Riley took the lizard home for one night and then Ashton and Tera got him the next day. When the lizard was still alive after them not finding bugs for it they wrote "Srvivr" (Survivor) on the lizards cage. When I asked why he was a survivor, they said "because he is still alive after not eating for two days!" They enjoyed their pet lizard for the afternoon and then I had them return him to his wilderness home. When they got Survivor out of this cage he was very wiggly and quick so his little hibernating body had warmed up. Hope we didn't mess him up for life! Ashton and Tera took the wriggling lizard back to his log and said his goodbyes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: