Monday, July 19, 2010

Neilsens... I hate goodbyes

Upon moving to Corona from BYU Idaho, I had the usual worries that one has when their moving to a new locating and starting completely fresh. Making friends, transitioning, finding friends for my kids, etc. Luckily, Matt had met Scott before we moved through a job fair at school so we already had a connection there. The first day I moved to Corona Michelle knocked on my door. I immediately knew I would be okay in this new part of the world and all my worries disappeared. The Neilsens and us became instant friends and spent a lot of our spare moments together.

There began to be fewer and fewer spare moments as Michelle began working more and was applying to go to graduate school, and as Scott was studying for his test to get into Graduate school. But I will never forget eating Sunday dinners with them, (their homemade pizza is the best) making trips to the hot tub (where Michelle would avoid getting in because she would break out in a rash) I remember trips to Costco and splitting the yogurt and cereal boxes. I remember Scott helping Matt put together our desk, taking trips to the beach, having family home evenings together. I remember when Michelle announced to me that she was pregnant after years of trying. How happy I was for her; how emotional I am now writing about it. Then I remember helping them move to Irvine so they could go to school. I was so sad. I knew we would still see each other.... but its not the same as being neighbors. They had become like family. They lived in Irvine/Newport area for three years and we will treasure all the times we have got together with them up there and their visits down here.... and will never forget the free Mexican Rivera cruise from a few years ago. Matt still got to see Scott at work for a while after the move- I think that Centex will always hold a special place in his heart because of the all the fun he had there with the friends he worked with. However, as the housing industry fell apart, they both lost their jobs at Centex and found work elsewhere. Since then Scott and Michell had have had three beautiful girls and I love to see them with their children, they are amazing parents.

Now the Neilsen family of five are beginning their adventures in Utah and how California will miss them. They are a beautiful family. Michelle has taught me much by her example of righteous living and her desire to be good. I adore her and am glad we will be lifelong friends. I will always look forward to the times our paths cross :) Love you Michelle!

Sadly- this is the only picture we have together....

1 comment:

Sunshine Day said...

We are both sitting here reading this and crying. Yeah, I can hardly see to write. Thanks for that. How true it is: LIFE LONG friends. We miss you guys, and have since we moved from Corona. Thanks for the friends you have been to us. See you soon...