Thursday, March 3, 2011

:)

I need to remember that today was a near perfect day for Ashton. He did his homework without a single complaint. I didn't have to pester him to keep doing his math or continue on after each problem. He read all the words by himself on his English homework and filled in the blanks. Then without me asking, he read his practice book. His teacher called me last week to tell me how much she loves having Ashton in her class and how well he is doing in school. When we moved back, only a month ago he was reading at third tri-mester Kindergarten level. She said he is now up to grade level, in a matter of only a few weeks. He has been working hard at home and during tutoring. He is receiving the "Most Improved" award in his class on Friday. I am so happy that he has been blessed with great teachers. Mrs. Sellers has been amazing and puts in so much of her extra time helping get him caught up. I went from being a stress case over his education only a few weeks ago, to feeling so relieved and at peace. Thank you Heavenly Father :) Back to my little man- Ashton was pleasant to be around all day, used his manners and did as he was asked. When it was bed time he took a bath, brushed his teeth and said his prayers. Wow! My boy is growing up. I couldn't' stop hugging him and kissing him tonight because I was so proud of the boy he is. And the best part is... at this age he still lets me smother him (as long as his friends aren't around) and he even likes it.

5 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

How cute is that! Way to go Ash! What a proud mommy day you had!

Niki McDowell said...

Sounds like my day today. Brock did so good at homework, we had a ton to do and he got it done quickly. He did awesome on his reading and then awesome on piano. It felt amazing, I was so proud of him. So, I know your excitement. And way to go Ashton!

Heather said...

That is great!! So happy for you guys! Glad that things are working out better here, just a better place to be I guess! ;)

Michelle said...

I love reading your posts! It makes me feel normal to hear about the crazy things kids do (or don't do) and that sometimes its just hard! Mazzi sounds so much like Camryn in your post when she got so mad and yelled at you about the capri sun! Glad you guys are getting settled back in and that you have your hubby back! Love ya!

Sara said...

im thinking that maybe you should come over and hang out with my kids for a while, especially if they will start acting like your son. : ) And i say, they are never to old to smother. im proud to admit i still smother after 19 years. i love that joy that only our kids can bring us. i wish i could bottle it up and use it in the difficult moments.