Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pigeons Bite...

Mazzi was playing outside the other day, when she came in crying and holding her finger saying "bite." I looked at her finger and there were no teeth marks, but instead a small piece of her skin was missing, like it had been pulled off. Confused at what could have done this to my child, I went outside to look for the culprit. Mazzi came with me and pointed to a little pigeon who has sitting by the fence. The poor little bird was hurt (most likely by our hunter cat) and could no longer fly. I didn't know what to do for the bird, so I just left it there and didn't let Yoda go out anymore. Matt thinks I should have just let "nature take its course" and let Yoda kill him, but instead I let the kids "nurture him" (torture him) and prolonged his sad, meager life, for a painfully long day.

Mazzi knew not to try to touch the pigeon anymore since it bit her, but that didn't stop her from observing him very closely. She would bend down and get really close to him and say "Hi ducky- cockadoodle-doo!" It was adorable.



When Ashton got home from school he was excited to see the pigeon and decided to give it a home. He put it in a cage so Yoda wouldn't get him and gave him some bread crumbs and water. They loved this little pigeon and so badly wanted to take care of him until he was able to fly again, but unfortunately, he died overnight :( I thought the kids would be sad to hear that the pigeon had died, but Tera was happy to know that the pigeon is now in Heaven with Jesus.




Here's Ashton scolding Yoda for hurting the pigeon.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

Awww, poor pigeon. Cute that your kiddos wanted to take care of it so badly.

Velma said...

so cute to read your blog and see the cute pictures of your family. Congratulations to Matt on his graduation.

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.