Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Soo close....

With only 5 1/2 weeks left of the academy... I am feeling like the end is in reach. Matt has passed most of the testing, has been gassed, tazed and pepper sprayed and should be on track to graduate January 28th. Please keep him in your prayers as he finishes up as it is never too late to fail out. Not that I think that will happen... but... Last class had a cadet that failed out on the last day of the academy. If something like that happened to us I would probably end up in the loony bin! I am anxious to have my husband back and to be a "normal" family again. While the past five months have definitely had its challenging moments, it has also been a great opportunity for us to be near family and to appreciate each other and really enjoy the family moments we do have together. I know that once the academy is over and we are far from Redding I will miss my parents and extended family a lot. While I have been in Redding I have missed my friends down in Lake Elsinore. I guess you can't have it all. In a perfect world I would love to live near all of my close friends and both sides of parents in a beautiful town and own a home with a personal masseuse. But, instead I will settle for living in a somewhat ugly town (no offense Elsinore-ians- we love it there) with a lot of close friends, with a live-in-husband, in a rental :( and our four visits a year with family.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

GO MATT! You can do it! And you look pretty tough with that haircut! Merry Christmas!