Friday, December 17, 2010

Fake Santa and a lying mother

Ashton couldn't believe it when he heard on a commercial that Santa was at the mall. He insisted that we go so he could tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. (a wii or xbox or PlayStation) He was equally concerned that Tera and Mazzi tell Santa what they want. (princess games and a talking robot) My mom and I took the kids to see Santa. Before arriving at the mall Ashton said "This isn't the real Santa though right? It's just one of Santas helpers?" (I think that came from a Tim Allen Santa Clause movie) So I agreed. Tera said, "Oh, so this is a fake Santa?" Exactly. For now my kids believe in Santa, though Ashton loves to ask plenty of questions. I know he is going to be pretty angry at me when he finds out is all make believe. He will insist that I have lied to him and will hold it against me the rest of my life... but for now I can't bear to tell him the truth. Ashton loves to remind me of all the times that I have lied to him and I am sure he will add this to the list.
Here are the lies I have told Ashton thus far in his life...

Lie #1. Whenever I made meatballs the kids would call them eyeballs. When Ashton asked if they were really eyeballs I told him they were and that I would go out at night and pluck the eyeballs from cows and then cook them up for them. I assumed he knew I was joking, but he did not. So the next time we had meatballs and I heard him telling Tera that they were cow eyeballs I told him I was joking and he isnsted that I had lied to him. Now whenever I tell him not to lie (which is a lot) he reminds me that I am a liar. (At least we know where he got it)

Lie #2. Asthon and Tera love ribs. One night our friends were coming over late and we were going to make ribs when the kids were already in bed. Ashton heard me talking on the phone about having ribs and got really excited but I told him we weren't eating ribs tonight(meaning as a family) and that we would eat them tomorrow (or the kids would as leftovers)
So the next day when I gave Ashton and Tera their ribs as leftovers he asked why we weren't eating I said because we had eaten ours the night before. Once again I was called a liar....

But here they are with the fake Santa. They wouldn't allow us to take pictures so I had to sneakily take some without the flash.
The real Santa will come on Christmas (lie.... oh no... I just can't stop!)
Mazzi would have nothing to do with Santa but she loved the reindeer by him. As you can see she has learned some amazing poses and smiles from her big sis.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the Chandler chronicles said...

cow eyeballs?! That's aweeeeeeesome!!! i love it!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That Ashton cracks me up!