Tuesday, July 21, 2009

In our house, but not ours.

We had a dog who decided he wanted to be our dog and lived on our porch for a few days. I felt bad for the poor thing living out there in the 100+ degree weather. So, I decided to give him a bowl of water and some lunch meat. Matt said this was a dumb idea because the dog would think it was his house. I have always liked the idea of having a pet- but always envisioned a somewhat cute looking pet and this was definitely one of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen. Poor thing. He was part chihuahua and part some other ugly dog , was partly shaven and had cataracts all over his eyes and looked like his eyes were red. Scary! So I knew this could not become my pet. I would be too embarrassed to even allow people to think it was ours. But, it remained there because I didn't want to call the animal control people. But then I heard barking outside my door and opened it to see a bigger dog about to attack the poor ugly little fella. So, I chased the big dog away up the street shouting random things. When I returned the dog had entered my house (I had left the door open) and had ran upstairs and hid under Tera's bed. The poor little thing was terrified and I sure wanted that nasty little dog out of my house. Her whole room was filled with the smell of dirty dog. I couldn't’t get the dog to come out and wasn't going to reach under there and grab the potentially Rabi ridden dog, so called animal control and they suggested leaving the door open and seeing if the dog came out. Really helpful right? So, since Matt wouldn't be home for hours and I pictured fleas jumping all over my carpet, I called our friend Clint (he's always so good to help whenever I have a random task) and he came to the rescue. He flipped the bed over and got the dog out. He was so good and gentle and patient with the poor dog. Then he took him out and put her in his truck. She immediately warmed up and was so happy. So Clint drove her away from our house and dropped her off in a field. I wish I was kidding but that really is what he did. I said the dog could stay in our yard and I could wait for animal control but he thought he would just run in my house again. So, I hope somewhere out there this ugly, pathetic little dog is happy and will forgive us for booting him out. I still feel bad inside about the situation. But, I really couldn't' t keep this dog. Teras room smelled dirty for two days after the dogs invasion- even after a very intense vacuum session and febreeze. The dog was that nasty. Good luck dog.




PS- After typing this up I found the little dog back on our front porch. Who knows what my next move will be. Any one want a slightly hideous dog?

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

That story cracked me up. I think I would have freaked out having a nasty little unknown dog inside my house too. I can't believe he came back. I've heard about that kind of stuff happening. He really does think it is his house. Good luck with that! :)

Todd + Emily said...

hahahha your hillarious! but that dog is one UGLY dog!! and I would freak out if some random dog came in my house!! the little ugly things loves you though cause he found his way back to you!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Funny story! I love that we can call Clint for random tasks like that! Poor Ugly Dog!

Heather said...

You know what is funny? I saw that dog on your porch and thopught did they get a dog? I think I left you a message about it too! LOL! I almost put it in your backyard actually!

Unknown said...

I'm not a dog lover, but I think he looks kind of cute! Maybe he looks better if you aren't smelling him . . a lot like the Nick story but with a better outcome - if only someone had taken Nick out to a field somewhere!