Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The best weekend ever...

Okay, so the best ever might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it was definitely one of the top five. We had so much fun on our rafting trip with friends and since we've been home I keep thinking about how nice it was to just hang out at the river and do some fun, intense rafting! Vanessa and Josh- you are "the bomb" for making that happen. Don't you think it should be a tradition?? Please say yes!

Do I look a bit nervous? I am! Rafting trip #2- Gunnel's, Meagan, Kyra, Grays and THE GUIDE (aka- Josh)

We had an adventurous trip down the river. On the fourth big rapid, we lost Josh, our guide, who is also our friend. I apparently only considered him our guide at this point though because apparently when he fell, or rather plummeted over the top of the raft out I started yelling "our guide our guide!" I guess I was in panic mode. And for a good reason- we were fast approaching huge rocks in the water as our "guide" was stuck under the boat and then being squashed between our boat and a big rock. However he was still shouting instructions from the water- when the wind wasn't being knocked out of him (So cool Josh) But, we didn't listen to the instructions very well and ended up on top of a gargantucous rock. I held on for dear life and watched helplessly as Meagan and Rich fell out. They were eventually pulled out and we made it the rest of the way without any other mishaps. Good thing, because the adrenaline was running thick for all of us. In fact, it was running so thick that I didn't register that I had been hit in the head with a paddle during the commotion and had a big bump on my head. The bump went down after a few hours, but I have had a headache since. So worth it though. We really did have a blast! I wish I had pictures of us jumping off the rocks and Dave rope swinging- but those images will have to live on in my head.

We were able to leave Ash and Tera with friends (Thanks Kati and Bekah) and just take Maz along for our little adventure. No, Mazzi did not go down in the raft. People keep asking me that. Matt and I took turns rafting down the river. Mazzi was able to hang out with her friend Mitch. She was loving his company! I know this is lame, but Matt and I have only been away from Tera and Ashton 3 or 4 nights ever. The night I had Mazzi, when my sister Sierra got married, and when Matt and I went to Catalina Island. We need to get out more! It is hard to go anywhere overnight when you don't have family nearby. But it was so nice just having Mazzi. Very relaxing. I think Mazzi was loving the time alone with her parents also.

White trash river baby- I can't believe she got in. This water was pretty cold.

Meagan helping out with Miss MazzAfter our rafting trip we went and hung out at the river and floated down in our vests. It was fun and entertaining as we tried to dodge the rocks and screamed (was that just me) because it was freezing and we kept hitting our bums on the rocks. I think Katie got it the worst.


So, I don't like this picture of me but think it is so funny because it reminds me of the pictures of the astronauts about to get on the space shuttle or something.

Watching the boys float down the river- Katie, me, Mazzi, Meagan and Mitch

The guys getting ready Matt, Rich, Rob and Dave

We didn't know if Rob was going to fit in his vest- but with teamwork- anything can be accomplished.


We played boggle while waiting for raft number one- Meagan, Marcie, Heather, Dave, Katie, Vanessa, Amy and Rich. Amy kicked all our butts- but if slang words were allowed Vanessa and Heather would have won fo' shu (for sure- I don't spell ebonics that is probaby wrong) Hilarious!

And chilling at the park with our malts. I thought malts were always better than shakes, but some flavors just taste weird as malts- like my cookies and cream one (aka as Oreo for Rob)


Amy, Katie, me and Megan

6 comments:

Meagan said...

I really enjoyed your take on the rafting trip- it was so relaxed in your mind (btw we did get pics of everyone jumping off the rocks- it's on Heathers waterproof camera)! I didn't like my malt either it was too sweet- and I must say I look pretty cute with a baby in my arms! hee hee! thanks for pulling me back into the raft- i really wonder if i said crazy stuff or yelled at anyone or was just silently freaking out!!

Heather said...

Love all the pics!! That was a really fun weekend, I'm glad you guys were able to make it! I put the waterproof camera in to get developed and they said it would take a WEEK! Lame!! I have obviously gotten used to digital! Cannot wait to see those! The pic of you all walking in your life jackets is awesome!! So cool! Great post! I need to do mine

The Gray Family said...

yes, I definitely think it qualifies as one of the BEST WEEKENDS EVER!!! That 4th rapid will be burned in my mind forever I think :>)

Vanessa said...

I'm glad to know that Josh is also a friend not just your guide :) He is a freakin awesome guide if I do say so myself!! I am so happy everyone had a good time and we will defiantly make this a yearly tradition!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I really do hope that they make that a tradition because we would SO SO SO be there next year on the next "Best Weekend Ever" I am so sad that we could not make it but glad you all had a total blasty! Looks and sounds like you did a ton of fun stuff and glad you got that time together and with just little Mazzie! Good times!

Sarah said...

looks like a VERY fun trip! and very adventurous of you guys to go with three little kids, glad you had fun!