Monday, May 5, 2008

When Bulk is Bad



Ashton often climbs up on the panty shelves to grab snacks for himself. Today, when doing so, he knocked over the Costco sized syrup. I decided to calmly take pictures and laugh about it- so I wouldn't end up screaming or crying. (A bad alternative) Needless to say, after an hour of scrubbing, using 13 rags, followed by 45 minutes of mopping, 15 minutes of reorganizing the closet…two baths, and a load of laundry later, we are pretty much back to normal. (Besides an occasional sticky spot) And to think I was picturing a relaxing afternoon at home followed by a quick trip to Costco- (adding syrup to the Costco list now) but that quickly turned into an all afternoon syrup fiasco- and the day is now nearly over. Matt is out of town, yet again and I received a last minute call to sub an aerobics class this evening, so yet another day goes by without milk in the Thompson home. All because of a big jug of syrup and a little boy named Ashton.


These pictures don't do the mess justice-so try to imagine the fun of cleaning this up with two kids walking through the kitchen and tracking it everywhere. Then picture Tera smearing it around on the floor trying to help clean and Ashton sticking his finger in it, licking it off and saying "Yumm... tasty."
I thought of all the possible titles that could fit for this blog in the several hours I was cleaning up the mess. Did I choose the best or are one of these better??

A sticky Situation
Did it have to be syrup?
Why our house smells of maple…
It had to be a full bottle!
Potential ant problem coming??

9 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Well first of all I would have to say I think you chose a great title for this blog. Second I want to say GOOD JOB for smiling and taking pictures and making a blog of it. You are a great mommy that is for sure. Third, I AM SO SORRY YOU HAD TO CLEAN THAT UP!!!! What a total disaster!!! Could there be anything worse to be spilled on that ground??? Seriously???

Rebecca said...

Wow you are a superwoman for handling that so well as well! I loved that you included all the other titles you thought of. All the ones you thought of would have been brilliant!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP NO!!! I am SO SAD for you to have this happen!! Oh my goodness!! I hope you know that I had some sauce, but that...OH NO!!! Thanks for coming over and hanging out with me for a bit!! :)

Vanessa said...

That is such a bust! I can see this happening in my future, jackson loves to climb on everything. Good job laughing it off.

Bryce and Sierra Hannibal said...

oh man....I thought Bryce was pretty bad when he spilt laundry detergent (not even the liquid kind) everywhere...but syrup! Sorry Ky!

The Gray Family said...

what a mess! Not sure which is worse, the syrup mess or the poop :>) When I was a kid, my friend's younger twin brothers (about 3 years old I think) spilled the costco jug of syrup and then tried to clean it up with a broom (ALL over the walls, ceiling, EVERYWHERE! That stuff is hard to clean!). Way to keep a smile on your face though :>)

melissa gargalis said...

I am so impressed that you didn't kill Ashton for this. I'm pretty sure I would've had a nervous breakdown or some sort of tantrum of my own. Sorry you had to clean all that up...one day they will be able to help you clean their messes.

Heather said...

Wowza! You are amazing to not go off the deep end! I would have flipped!

Melissa P said...

Holy cow! that must have been soo hard to clean up!