Monday, May 5, 2008

Bathroom talk...

I was sitting in the office when I start to smell an all too familiar stench. I got up from my chair preparing to change yet another dirty, although cute 2 ½ year old bum. I walk by the bathroom and to my horror see a little bit of poop (would it be less gross if I called it feces?) smeared on the toilet. I then walk into the living room to find Tera with her shirt off, a little swimmer diaper on with her pants half way on backwards. (She likes the swimmer diapers more than pull ups because they have Ariel as a mermaid instead of a s a princess.) Apparently Tera decided that she was big enough to go to the bathroom in the toilet and dress herself. (Without wiping of course.) Still smelling the stench, I retrace my toddler's steps. I immediately see a trail of nastiness (on my freshly shampooed carpet). After scrubbing away that mess, I still smell something foul. So, I scour the bathroom- still a smell lingers. I follow the smell to the garbage can. Where, it appears Tera decided to put her pull-up that she had gone number 2 in (I am realizing while writing this, how many different words there are for poop). So, halfway through doing her business she decided to get up on the toilet and finish. (Thus the mess.) I changed her and talked to her about how excited I was that she had decided she wanted to go to the bathroom in the toilet- but that next time to please tell mommy so that she could help. We will see.

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

CLASSIC!!!! You are such a great mommy, can I be like you some day when mommyhood decides to grace me??? You seem to act so well in the worst of situations and have such a great attitude towards your children. They sure are lucky to have you as a mommy! LOVE THE PICTURE by the way, she is a cutie pie!

Rebecca said...

Yes!! Glad you got some of the moment on camera. I would have been horrified and as a result probably forgotten to take out my camera. Score for mommy! Way to handle a messy situation!