Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stripe Sensation


I don't know why I am obsessed with stripes- but it has been brought to my attention many times recently- so I know there is definitely an issue going on with stripes and me. Maybe it means something- a psychiatrist could probably tell me that it was rooted in my childhood- or all those years of not wearing stripes because I was told it would make me look wide- but now I love them and so I looked up the "law" about horizontal stripes. Here is a picture of my many striped shirts- There are 17 there- can anyone beat that? If so, we both need help! I think I need a style change- maybe polka dots??



P.S Amy Gray- I loved your red and white striped shirt at Camdens party- where did you get it? Or do I want to know??


Faux Pas now No Flaw – Horizontal Stripes
Sometimes the most major don’ts end up being major fashion Do’s. Horizontal stripes are now in…What? In style reports that according to designer Kyutae Kim, “Wearing Variegated stripes can actually highlight your favorite features.” In the article The New Skinny on Horizontal Stripes: “Robert Verdi, a stylist and "Fashion Police"says stripes can be more flattering now because many fabrics are made with Lycra, which makes the stripes skim the body. Still, he says women whose bra size is larger than a C-cup, or who have more than an eight-inch difference between their waist and hip measurements should avoid horizontal stripes.” So, if you’re comfortable in vertical stripes and especially comfortable with your curves I guess by all means give the look a try, it’s no longer a Faux Paw, for now…

3 comments:

The Gray Family said...

Hey Kyra! Check out the clearance rack at Old Navy off Cajalco...I got it last week for 4 bucks (that is my kind of price tag!). I love the painting pics of the kids...that is the only way to do it unless you want to spend all your time doing laundry :>)

Niki McDowell said...

I knew you loved stripes, I had no clue you owned so many though. But you always do look cute in stripes.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

The things you blog about.... I LOVE IT!!! I am so digging your random posts, you are awesome. I would also have no problem wearing those stripes if I had your body, you can pull that off for sure.