Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fiercely Independent

This is just how independent and stubborn our little Mazzi has become. Today she refuses to let me get her anything. She wants to get her own snacks, change her own diaper (I wish she just wanted to potty train herself), roll out her own play dough, etc. She pushed a chair from the kitchen table to the pantry in order to get her self a capri sun. I decided I should get it for her, as it was on the top shelf of the pantry and the next step for her would have been to climb the shelves. So I handed her the capri sun and brought it over to the table. She was a little frustrated that mommy was helping. Then I did the unspeakable. I took the straw out of the wrapper. That happens to be her favorite part, banging the straw against the table until it pokes out of the wrapper. But I forgot. She was livid. She yelled at me and tried to put the straw back in the wrapper. She eventually realized she still got to put the straw in the juice box so forgave me a bit. This example just shows how and independent and stubborn this little girl is.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think it is #3 syndrome! Lorelai is EXACTLY the same way. Sometimes you don't even know what you did to make her mad! My sister was shopping with me just the other day and told her she couldn't do something so she took her hat off threw it on the ground and then kicked it. Lorelai is also a bully to her older sisters...she had Meili cornered in the kitchen just the other day and was wailing on her! AHHHH I feel your pain!

Sara said...

i have one of those. except she is number 2. : ) lets just say there is lots of deep breathing and prayer while raising her. I am sure you handle yourself much better than i do.