Saturday, February 7, 2009

My relationship with legos


I think every mother has a toy that they love because it entertains their child, but hate because it is messy, or they need supervision, or help putting that toy together, or it is loud---etc. Such are my feelings on Lego's. Ashton plays with Lego's for hours each day.They entertain him and I think they will help him on his path to becoming a genius :) (He invented this plane by himself.) They are relatively quiet- however, he often requests my help building things while I am nursing the baby and he wants me to do it exactly like the directions say. This is impossible with my spacial skills and also if any individual Lego is missing. Lego's are also such itty bitty things and are often times scattered all over our living room floor. For those of you who know me( which I hope is everyone reading my blog- if you don't know please get off my blog)- clutter drives me insane. Now you have the low-down on my love/hate relationship with Legos. But build on my creative son. When I asked Ashton why he liked building Lego's he said "Because I am so creative.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Candy Fam said...

I too love/hate legos! I love how entertaining they are for my kids... I absolutely HATE stepping on them with my bare feet! You are such a nice mom for continuing to let him play. I just vacuum up extra legos now! :)

Amy Eaton said...

I feel this way about playdough, Seth can be so creative with it and they will both play with forever but it always makes such a mess at least it is just in the kitchen.