Monday, February 11, 2008

Random Reminiscing…

One of my favorite pastimes is looking through old scrapbooks and rememebing Matt and I in our dating days, or the children as new borns. Just wanted to share some of my favorites… especially for those who did not know our family when we were younger.


Me and my sister Tera-

This picture was taken when I lived in Lake Elsinore as a four-year old- the same age Ashton is- I also partcipated in Joy School- what are the odds?Matt when we started "going out" (secretly) I was fourteen- and yes, my hair is a little orange-our group of LDS friends- oh, the memories of stake dances with this bunch- what good times! We are all still in touch-Randy (still one of Matts best friends) Jeff (Matts brother), Ashely (one of my best friends), Matt and I and Will (hiding underneath) Highschool graduation- Lindsey, me, Liz and Kayla. Kayla has been my friend since Kindergarten. And if you think she looks like a model- its because she is!
The college days- going to club retrix, or whatever it was called at that time- I do miss dancing!Matt and I were engaged three months after he returned from his mission-We were married one month later- it as a quick engagement. Thank goodness, because I think we almost called it off three times. It wasn't the best engagmenet, but it made our first year of marraige, which some claim is the hardest, ( I disagree) a peice of cake!
My highschool girlfriends at our receptionFourteen months after we were married- little Ashton entered our lives- with a lot of personality and a lot of hair!Ashton- three months old- people called him "Spike"I graduated from BYU Idaho with my teaching credential when I was five months pregant wtih Tera- I was so happy to be done!Then- our little Tera was born.... such a good babyShe grew and grew- until she looked like this- we called her "sumo- baby" (lovingly of course)


Soon Matt graduated and we moved to Corona, CA where Matt was offered a job at Centex. Matt worked with Scott and Michelle and I became great friends and also great neighbors- I feel blessed for that period of our lives and living so close to such great people.A year later we bought our first home in Lake Elsinore- and we love it! We love our ward and the people we have met here. Matt also got laid off and found a new job- he is attending training meetings right now, which is why I don't feel guilty at all spending all this time on my blog!

And now you know our life story! Don't you feel all the better for it??

7 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

Yes, I do feel better after reading that. That top picture of you and your sister I can see so much of Tera in you. And I had no clue you lived in Lake Elsinore when your were little.

The Gray Family said...

love all the old pics Kyra....your family is so cute!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing! I love seeing peoples stories and it's even better through pics. I even made the connection that you named Tera after your sister. Got it! Ps. We get to see Matt on Wednesday! Wish you were here with him! Miss you!

Bryce and Sierra Hannibal said...

Hey Kyra...I'm so glad you posted all that because I have an hour in between classes and NO HOMEWORK for once, so it gave me something to do. you have such a cute family. Looking at all the pictures i realized we have NO pictures together! WE need to fix that! Oh...and I'm so glad I can do your hair now so you don't have to walk around with orangeor purple hair and have mom yell at you for getting dye on the floor, although it was quite amusing at the time. :) Love ya Ky

Jean Willard said...

I had no idea you and Matt had been together so long. So cute! I feel I know you so much better now. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

I loved this! I LOVE new posts! SO fun to get to know you even more!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Beautiful story, I am going to copy this too ok!!