Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Friends Reunion

Its such a comfort to be around true friends. People who know you... who love you... who you can be you with.... who you can have fun with. I LOVE these girls and think we are all supposed to live on the same street. (or at least in the same city). We had a friend reunion in Redding. It was perfectly half way for the Cooks to come from Seattle and the rest of the gang to join from Lake Elsinore.



The kids were also ecstatic to be reunited. I love seeing these kids grow up together and thinking of them building each other up. They are all sooo stinkin cute. Not a funny looking kid amongst them (all 18 of them!)
We stayed on a houseboat for two nights and the last night the grown ups all went out and jumped off the top of the houseboat together and went down the slide. Niki observed (as she is 8 months prego). We have some nice, chilly memories from that... but we warmed up via the hot tub, which was filled with urine from the 18 kids who had sat in in the previous two days. We were so cold that we didn't mind much.

Enjoying a relaxing float
This is Niki's proof that she DID get in the water!
Wake boarding
Tera and Tatum. So cute seeing these girls giggling together again.



Feeding the deer carrots and celery that would come up right next to the houseboat.
Melissa and I's attempt at floating. It was rather difficult rafting with a newborn and Mazzi.


Kim and I riding the tube

Ashton winning at King of the Hill (tube)




Tera with her "boyfriend" Daxton. It is official! She now claims him. They are adorable together!
Playing at the Oasis Fun Center

My girls
Shelly.... love how animated she is
We celebrated Tera and Eastons b.day partys at the fun center. Tera was happy to celebrate with several of her best girl friends.

The boys getting ready for a game of lazer tag.
The bigger boys right before everyone took off.
And the girls. Miss you! See you soon!

3 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

I just did my post yesterday!!! Mine is ridiculously long and still not even done. But it was just too fun to not post that much! I just loved that time we all had together and think we ought to be planning the next one! :) Hey, I've got an idea. You were amazing planning this, you want to take the next one too?! :) Love you Kyra!

Niki McDowell said...

You are so good to have already posted this post. I'm still uploading pictures, slowly, but surely. Hopefully, in the next few days. It was so fun. Maybe we should all move on the same street, I would like that. I miss you. Can't wait to see you in 6 weeks!

Melissa said...

Kyra... you are so amazing for putting this all together!! We had an awesome time. I am so blessed to have you in my life. We can't wait for you guys to come back here.