Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Washington/Idaho trip

Remove Formatting from selectionWe attended the Parrish Family reunion (my Mom's side) the first week in August. We had a lot of driving up to Stoneridge Idaho but it was worth it to be surrounded be our fun, sweet family and to catch up with several of my cousins that I don't get to see enough. We enjoyed playing sports, eating and doing skits. For keepsake purposes here is the skit our family did- sung to the tune of Little Mermaids "Part of your World."




" Look at this place, isn't it neat...Hey everyone are you ready to compete?

Wouldn't you think were the family...who as everything?

We've got Ashton and Tera and Mazzi...We've got Kyra and Marilyn &Sandra.

You want the rest of the family? Well too bad,their not here, you've got us....

We want to be where the Parrish family is Playing cribbage and tennis and ping pong.

Eating and swimming and doing (What do you call them)Cheezy skits.

Here at Stoneridge in Idaho Where all the cool people want to go.

Look and you'll see... We're glad to be...Part of your world!


This is my gorgeous cousin, Michelle, who is due in just a few weeks. We were always inseparable as young kids any time we got together. I know that if we lived by each other now we would hang out any chance we got. We enjoyed lunch out and a shopping trip together.





Ashton made buddies with Rachelle's boy Carter. Ashton met his match with Carter. After wrestling together the first evening I think they both learned to respect each other and then played great together the rest of the time. Rachelle and I. I love this girl! When she lived with us over a summer we would always quote a part of a skit off SNL (I think that's what it is off of) "If you were a hot dog would you pour ketchup all over yourself and eat yourself?" We would! I don't know why but we felt the need to ask everyone that question. Hot dogs and Rachelle will always hold a special place in my heart.



My favorite part of the Reunion involved playing 3 on 3 against Rachelle's sisters. Sandra and Savannah were on my team. I am the only one who has ever played basketball on our team and I spent a good chunk of my last basketball years on the bench. I wish we had got video because we were laughing the whole time. Rachelle and her sisters actually knew what they were doing and we were just randomly throwing the ball up and relying on fouls to get the ball from them. But we had fun.






Mazzi and my cousin Savannah. Savannah is a beautiful girl and is so refreshing to be around. Both my girls love her because she is so good to them and plays with them. Mazzi took Savannah's hand this day and led her to the park to play with her.


Ashton and my cousin Luke swimming in G.G's pool. They didn't get out of the pool for four hours.




The ladies hanging out by the pool. We had a nice time watching the kids swim while we chatted.




Tera adores my Grandma (who she calls G.G for Great grandma) Grandma has gift of making everyone feel special and loved and I think Tera feels extra special around her. We went out to my Grandpas apple orchard and enjoyed taking the kids for rides on the quad.







The kids with their Nana and Great Grandpa Scrimsher.


My sister-in-law Sandra was able to come to the family reunion with us and it was so fun having her there. She is so easy to be around and is just happy, silly and cute. We had fun dressing up in my Grandmas old outfits. I am so glad my brother picked such a awesome girl to be his wife.. and that she was silly enough to say yes!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved reading all about your life, Kyra - a little sad for what Matt is having to contend with but he's going to be the better becuz of it and be an AWESOME patrolman. Loved all your pixs - especially the one of you and Sandra is my 70's dresses - your both still beautiful!
Love you!! gma GG